A typical real estate transaction can involve up to several people, and a key role of a buyer agent will be to ease and help manage that process.
The imperative tasks we perform when helping our buyer clients:
- Act as an adviser and advocate during the home buying process.
- Take time to uncover the buyer’s needs and wants as well as what’s motivating their purchase.
- Educate buyer’s on current market conditions.
- Research homes in the area and sort through active listings to make suggestions after cross-referencing buyer’s needs (i.e. Which homes are located in areas that have retained home values? Which homes are located inside desired school districts? Lower taxed areas? Easy work commutes? etc.).
- Explain the details of the Purchase Agreement including pertinent deadlines to be aware of handle the ins and outs of the negotiation process including the preparation of all necessary forms when making an offer and/or counteroffer.
- Pro-actively communicate with all parties of the transaction to include the mortgage lender, inspector, and title company.
- Guide you through the inspection process to help identify safety concerns, recommendations for repair, or recommendations of items that should be monitored.
- Coordinate possession details and transferring utilities prior to closing.
- Be present at closing to ensure that all the buyer’s interests are protected